Sunday, March 15, 2009

Double-Baked Brownies

When walking down the grocery store isles the other day trying to think about what to take to church, this recipe I saw somewhere once came to mind. I don't remember where I found it but I thought, this is something I'll have to try some time. So, when my husband thought we should take brownies for our small group, I thought, why stop with just brownies, why not make something more? So here it is, my recipe for "something more".
Double-Baked Brownies
1 box brownie mix
1 box cookie dough mix or tube of refridgerated cookie dough
Make brownies according to mix. Spread batter in a greased 9x13 pan. Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough on top of brownie mix. Bake according to brownie mix but I had to at least double my baking time.
On a side note, I ended up making to pans of brownies but used 2 brownie mixes & 1 tube of cookie dough. I'm not sure if this would be the same if you used the cookie mix or if you made the brownies & cookie dough both from scratch.
Secondly, I made one batch of brownies the recommended way & the other the low fat version. Both were moist & delicious. The applesauce I used had a lot of cinnamon & added a little hint of it to the brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment