Monday, March 1, 2010

Coconut Cake

This really isn't much of a recipe, I was just proud of myself for finally learning how to toast coconut! I wanted to find something interesting to put between the two layers but didn't have a lot of time and couldn't find anything that seemed appetizing.
Coconut Cake
1 box white cake mix
1 can white frosting
1 cup toasted coconut (directions below)

Make cake according to the box directions. I baked mine as two 9 inch cakes. After the cakes finished cooling, I frosted them by staking one on top of the other with some frosting in between.
Once I was finished frosting the cakes, I patted the toasted coconut all over before the frosting became too dry.
To toast coconut: make an even layer of coconut on a baking pan. Bake 7-12 minutes at 350 degrees, stirring occasionally to avoid burning the coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment