Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Blueberry Muffins

I've been craving blueberry muffins for awhile and finally decided to make them for a play date (I love finding a good excuse to bake). The original recipe came from allrecipes.com, click here for the website.

A couple of things I changed. I did double the recipe and it made 21 muffins. I added 3 cups of frozen blueberries (I rolled them in some of the flour first to prevent them from bleeding into the batter). I used 1 cup of whole wheat flour. I added some vanilla into my batter.

Blueberry Muffins

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
  2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix together the vegetable oil, egg and milk (I added a 1/2 tsp vanilla). Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
  3. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
  4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment