Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Memories

Ever since I can remember, I've always loved to bake cookies & other goodies. My favorite teacher by far was my grandmother. She was such a great cook that it spurred me on to try new things. So I would like to use this blog as a memory to my favorite grandma & all the memories we made together, they are something I can always hold dear & share with others.In the kitchen with my father.


My grandmother & I canning.

The name of this blog, Grandma's Gobs & Goodies, comes from my husband's love of his grandmother's gobs. So what is a gob you might ask. In Indiana, Pennsylvania, a gob is made of 2 chocolate cookies with a cream filling holding them together. Other people, especially in the New England states call these "Whoopie Pies".

As a new bride, I wanted to make things that my husband enjoys so that's why I started making gobs & experimenting with other recipes. I always enjoy a challenge & like to try to make things better. So my first recipe to post, since it's Christmas time, is...



Gingerbread Gobs

No comments:

Post a Comment