Tuesday, January 5, 2010

White Chicken Chili

I originally found this recipe on the back of a can of Bush's Great Northern Beans but have changed the recipe a little. To see Bush's recipe, click here. My version is a little thinner & has more broth to it, but since I make it totally in the crock pot, it's pretty easy to just through together quickly.

White Chicken Chili
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 can (4-ounces) chopped green chilies
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 cans (16 ounces) Great Northern Beans
1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
1 ½ cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast I usually put frozen chicken breast with as much water as I need for broth in the crock pot the night before. This way, the chicken's done & my broth is ready without having to buy some.
Cilantro (fresh or dried) to taste
Garlic to taste
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Place all the above ingredients (except for cheese) in a large crock pot & cook on high for at least 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Serve with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment