Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chocolate Marshmallow Meltaways

 This recipe comes from Parents Magazine. You can visit their website at www.parents.com/cookie-jar
 These cookies are a no-bake cookie form of a s'more. I tweaked the recipe a little and would like to see about changing it a little more. Next time I make them, I will probably omit the cinnamon and use a little less marshmallow cream. It might be a better idea to put the chocolate in the well of the cookie before the marshmallow so it doesn't overflow as easily and there's a nice chocolate surprise when you bite in.


Chocolate Marshmallow Meltaways
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I recommend omitting)
7 oz marshmallow cream
Chocolate syrup (I used melted chocolate chips)

In a large bowl (I mixed everything directly in the food processor) mix crumbs, peanut butter, maple syrup, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Shape into 24 1 1/4 inch balls and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet or tray as you shape (I used wax paper). Use a fork to flatten and make a crisscross design on each ball. (I flattened them & made a little well instead.)
Before serving, spoon 1/2 teaspoon marshmallow on each cookie. Coat the spoon with nonstick spray to make it easier. Then drizzle cookies with chocolate syrup.

 Nutrition per cookie: 82 calories, 2g protein, 3g fat, 12g carbs, 1g fiber, 6mg calcium, 0 iron, 69mg sodium
I topped my cookies with melted chocolate rather than chocolate sauce. A bit messy but very delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment