Monday, February 9, 2009

Black Bean Soup

Since it has been freezing temperatures around here until lately, we've been eating a lot more soup. This recipe I originally found on a website (see below for link to original recipe) but I modified it so that it would be thicker & more of a meal. It's incredible quick & easy to make with a lot of flavor & is a healthier option.

If you know how I cook then you'll know that the ingredients below are my best guess at how much I really use when making this recipe. I usually just throw ingredients into the crockpot & not worry about it until supper time. I recommend playing with the recipe until you find a mix of ingredients that you enjoy.
Black Bean Soup
2 cans black beans
1 cup salsa
1 can rotel (chopped tomatoes with chilies)
1/2 cup corn
1 tablespoon cilantro
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 box chicken/vegetable stock
In a blender/ food processer, blend 1 can of black beans with salsa & some stock until smooth. In a crock pot or stock pot, mix the remaining ingredients with blended mixture & heat over medium heat until heated through. If using a crockpot, heat on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
Want to see the original recipe? Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment