Friday, February 20, 2009

Bruschetta Pizza

Every Wednesday I try to bring something fun to share at our small group meeting. Last week I was trying to think of something I could bring & my husband suggested trying to make a pizza out of the extra bruschetta I had. This was very easy & everyone enjoyed it. Like any pizza, you could add any topping you want but keeping it simple worked well.

Bruschetta Pizza

Pizza dough (I use my bread machine & make my own)

Brushetta (I used a large can of diced tomatoes with their juice & added 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, & 1 tablespoon parmeasan cheese)

artichoke hearts, diced (optional)

mozzerella cheese

1 tablespoon garlic powder

I rolled the dough out & baked it in a 9x13 in baking dish so that it would be easier to travel with but you could easily bake it however you would normally bake a pizza. I baked the dough for 10 minutes at 350 degrees so that it wouldn't get soggy.

Next I added the tomatoes & artichokes (if using). Top with mozzerella cheese & sprinkle the garlic powder on top of the cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted & golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment