Thursday, April 16, 2009

Apple Butter Bread

This is a new recipe that I got from my mother-in-law that I tried out for Bible study this week. The bread was very moist & was a great way to use some of the apple butter we have.

I made 4 mini loaves because I couldn't find my regular sized bread pan. It worked well but there was just barely enough dough to make the 4 loaves.

APPLE BUTTER BREAD
2 cups flour
½ cup apple juice
1 cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup melted butter or margarine
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 egg, beaten
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup raisins
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped walnuts (I omitted)
¾ cup apple butter
¾ cup apple butter (it's used twice)

Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add ¾ cup apple butter, apple juice, butter and egg, stirring until moistened. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Pour half the batter into greased and floured 5x9-inch loaf pan. Spread remaining apple butter over batter. Pour remaining batter over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 ¼ hours or until loaf tests done. Cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes; turn out on wire rack to cool completely. Store in refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap. Yield 1 loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment