Saturday, April 11, 2009

Penne with Salmon and Roasted Vegetables

What do you do when you husband comes home with about 4 fish that he just caught? I suggest making penne with salmon and roasted vegetables.

This is my husband showing off one of the Steelhead Trout that he caught. This is a very close relative to salmon so it can easily be substituted for the salmon in this recipe.


To view the original recipe from http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/, please click here.

A few things I did differently from the original recipe include using frozen onions & peppers in place of the leeks. To make a large batch of this recipe since it freezes well, I used an entire box of penne & instead of 1 summer squash, I used 2 summer squash & 2 zucchini. I used 2 of my trout filets instead of just 1 salmon filet & I seasoned them with Montreal steak seasoning. Also, I used an entire jar of pitted olives along with the juice. If you choose to omit them, there isn't as much juice & they add a little bit of saltiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment