Saturday, November 7, 2009

Chicken Licken Casserole

This recipe is one of my favorite comfort foods. My mom has been making it for me since I was little & now it's something I love to make, especially once the weather starts to get cooler. I'm not sure where the name came from but I think you'll agree that it's a great recipe no matter what you call it. I enjoy serving this with mustard green beans, I'll post that recipe later.
Chicken Licken Casserole
2 boxes chicken flavored stuffing mix
2-3 chicken breasts, cooked & shreded
1-2 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
1 stick of butter
1 cup cauliflower puree (optional, use 2nd can of soup if omitting)
1/2 cup chicken broth
Garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste
I usually put the chicken breasts in the crock pot the day before to cook & use the broth for the recipe.
Mix 1 box of stuffing with 1/2 stick of melted butter. Press into bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Mix chicken, soup, broth, puree, & seasonings together. Spread mixture on top of stuffing layer. Mix the second box of stuffing with 1/2 stick of melted butter & layer on top of chicken mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until casserole is heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment