Sunday, November 1, 2009

Deceptively Delicious Yellow Cake

This might seem like an odd post since it isn't a recipe that I've made from scratch & is fairly simple. I bought Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook, "Deceptively Delicious" a while ago & have really enjoyed it. One of my husband's favorite recipes from the cookbook is the yellow cake.
Yellow Cake
1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons oil
2 large eggs
1 large egg white
6 ounces nonfat lemon, banana, or vanilla yogurt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 inch cake pan with cooking spray. (I usually divide mine into two 9 inch cake pans.)
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs, & yogurt. Beat until smooth.
Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. (I followed the cake mix directions which was closer to the actual time.)
Happy Birthday to my husband.

1 comment:

  1. I created a yellow cake for your recipe. My guests were thrilled by its appearance and taste.

    ReplyDelete