Friday, November 27, 2009

Sweet Potato Casserole

This is one of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes that my grandma used to make every year. This time, it's my pleasure to make it for my family as I hosted Thanksgiving.
Sweet Potato Casserole
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (fresh or canned)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter (might want to consider cutting it down to 6 tablespoons max)
(May use 1/8 teaspoon allspice, nutmeg, and/or cloves)

Mix ingredients together & pour into lightly greased 9x13 pan. (It will look like the picture below.)

Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons flour
(I added 1 teaspoon cinnamon)

Mix ingredients together with 2 forks until blended. Sprinkle topping over potato mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment